Please see the attached documents which contain new guidance for requesting and reporting of Abbott’s BinaxNOWTM COVID-19 Antigen (Ag) Cards. Please share as applicable.
Guidance update includes:
- Allocation Strategy: The following types of facilities can now request BinaxNOWTM Cards, keeping in mind that CLIA, Facility, Training, Collection/Testing and Reporting requirements must be met as outlined in the attached.
- Acute Care Adult Psychiatric Facilities
- Correctional Facilities (State, County, and City)
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC)
- Local Health Departments (LHD)
- Residential Substance Use Treatment Centers
- Rural Health Clinics (RHC)
- University/College Health Centers
- All School-Based Clinics (Includes K-12)
- Hospitals (Acute Care and Sub-Acute Care)
- Private Physician/Clinician Offices
- Urgent Treatment Centers
- Reporting Requirements: All laboratories and facilities performing COVID-19 testing must report results within 24 hours following KDPH’s COVID-19 Case Reporting Guidance at:
- COVID-19 Lab Result Reporting Guidance: https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dph/covid19/ClinicalCommercialLabCovidGuidance.pdf
- Healthcare Provider Case Reporting Guidance: https://chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dph/covid19/HealthcareProviderGuidance.pdf
- NOTE: For mass testing situations with state-allocated BinaxNOW™ Cards, facilities should follow the attached “Lab Result Reporting for State-Supplied BinaxNOW™ Antigen Test Cards” guidance.
- Requests: Facilities can submit requests for the BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card tests by completing a Resource Request Form at: https://ky.readyop.com/fs/4iR3/11ea
- Note: If your facility has BinaxNOW TM Cards that are going to expire and will not be used before expiration, it is ok to transfer them to another facility that meets the above/attached requirements. Please keep track of any transfers following your agency/facility’s protocols.
Please contact the following persons if you need assistance with requesting BinaxNOW TM COVID-19 Ag Cards or need further information.
- Tiffany Hubbard, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Clinical Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kyndall Raburn, Public Health Associate: email@example.com
- Jim House, Testing Operations Section Chief: firstname.lastname@example.org
James R. House
Master Exercise Practitioner
Naloxone Distribution/Mobile Harm Reduction Program Administrator
Kentucky Department for Public Health
275 East Main Street, Mailstop HS1EJ
Frankfort, KY 40621
Work Cell: (502) 330-5950
Fax: (502) 564-4387