Leadership of the Business of Medicine: Strategic Planning & Management
The “Leadership of the Business of Medicine” workshops are designed for physicians to develop their business skills. LMS has partnered with the Gatton College of Business and Economics to provide two business workshops a year. A pilot workshop last Spring received unanimous positive reviews by participants. These workshops are free to LMS members.
– Participants will be able to analyze the healthcare provide market, identify competitors, and craft a strategic plan that will improve the organization’s relative competitive position.
– Participants will be able to use analytical tools commonly used by strategic planners
Instructor: Walter J. Ferrier, Ph.D., Professor of Management, University of Kentucky Gatton College of Business and Economics
– Ph.D. in Strategic Management from University of Maryland
– M.A. in International Commerce from the Patterson School of Diplomacy and International Commerce a the University of Kentucky
– He teaches courses in strategic management and global strategy in the Gatton College’s Ph.D., MBA, and undergraduate programs, as well as the U.K.’s MBA program in Athens, Greece.
– He has international work experience in Germany as a sales representative for a New Hampshire-based industrial computer terminal manufacturer, in Austria as a market research intern with IBM-Vienna, and in the U.S. with PNC Bank as an international banking officer.
The Kentucky Medical Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Kentucky Medical Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.